- an alphabetical word list of all the words used
- secondary lists which relate to school grades
- a thesaurus of the words listed, with reading levels for each synonym
- useful tips and advice on the best words to use
- samples of writing at different reading levels
Don't miss the extras in the back of the book. Under the Heading, 'Some Things You'll Need to Know' the author offers expert advice and insight on unusual words, being politically correct, tags and word count. Theme and Content, Age Groups and Reading Levels, and even Other Types of Writing are also dealt with in an expert but friendly manner. A Bibliography and list of other books for writers are included too.
If you write for children and haven't got The Children's Writer's Word Book already, it's well worth investing in and using.